28 Sept 2011

Marrakesh

In May I travelled to Marrakesh for a girlie trip with two friends from university. As soon as our taxi from the airport dropped us off on a narrow, muddy dirt track surrounded my donkeys my first thought was that it looked more like a farmyard than a holiday destination. I knew this was going to be nothing like anywhere I have ever been before.
 The city is amazing, with busy narrow streets, jam packed with tiny shop, snake charmers, story tellers, donkeys, bikes and food stands. We obviously got lost in the souks (I think it's impossible not to) got the art of haggling down to a fine art and all came home with lots of beautiful things.
 
 Our Riad was beautiful and the hospitality was amazing we all felt very at home, a great place to relax on the roof terrace and escape the hussle and bustle of the streets below. Marrakesh is a beautiful city full of hidden gems I will definitely be returning.

No comments:

Post a Comment